November 27, 2006

My Sister KICKS ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

You all know my awesome sister Sherry.

And if I haven't said it enough already - She ROCKS.

I mean she is the CAT'S ASS - and that's a GOOD thing.

In all my sickness - and the family germs - she called bright and chipper (as she ALWAYS does) to ask if I had perused the Sunday sale ads and in particular Target. I had. I knew of which she referred to. There in the middle of the sale ad was a Christmas gift worthy of many I OWE YOUs (yes THAT kind). There sat a SIGNED Paul Stanley Guitar (KISS), complete with authenticity papers.



Why was I not out and already beating off the other long-haired freaks? I could not drag my sick ass even into the shower my dears.

And my SISTER?????? She offered up a most spectacular offer - to go there herself RIGHT THIS VERY MOMENT to go and acquire said awesome guitar. Without hesitation - without a smear of lipgloss - she was out the door and blazing down the street to her local Target.

She called not ten minutes later with guitar in hand and beating off the crowds to the check-out.

My sister is the most awesome person I know. She is kind, loving, funny, super-ridiculous smart, beautiful, thoughtful, energetic and has on more than one occasion given me the shirt off her back (of coat, whatever). I love her more than words can express. She is always doing something nice for me or my little brood and always with a smile on her face. I could not be more blessed to have her on my side.

I love you Sherry.

Thank you for all you do.

(Now, stop crying and shit - you'll ruin your make-up. This is the proper thank-you that I should have given on Sunday.)

4 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger amanda said...

And now you can kick some ass with some hot licks on that guitar. Maybe you and Sherry can form a band?!?

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Sharpie said...

TOTALLy for my KISS-loving husband. I am TOTALLY tone deaf. But I play a MEAN air-guitar. The kids are also getting guitars (electric) from Santa - maybe the husband and the kids can form a band......

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! How did you KNOW I'd be a snivelling idiot by the end of that????? Goddamn it. Now I need to reapply my mascara.

Seriously, 'twas nothing. The guitar is resting safely in my bedroom, awaiting its new home.

And, seriously, who needs anti-depressants when I have you around?

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

You sisters both rock.

Way to go Sherry and Sharpie - I hope you are feeling better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home