July 18, 2006

So As Not To Lose My Street Cred

While bobbing in the pool last night in this crazy-ass heat (over 100 today - My God I might melt) with my hubby and the kids and radio blaring - hubby and I find ourselves singing along....

"My musics so loud.
I'm swangin'.
They hopin'
That they gon' catch me ridin' dirty.

That they gon' catch me ridin' dirty."


Startled - I look over at DH half through the third time saying it and I say, "Wait a minute - what exactly DOES THAT MEAN?! Are we saying something we shouldn't be?!"

DH got a weird little look on his face and shrugs his shoulders..."No idea."

I looked it up. I GOOGLED it. (Of course, I did.)

Catch Me Riding Dirty - "Riding dirty means getting caught by the police with contraband, or in urban slang, gettin caught by da po po, wid some of dat dro dro."

So, ya know. I'm here to help.

Sorry for my lame blogging - I have been crazy cleaning closets and organizing and gearing up for school AND dragging ass in this crazy heat. I have a bunch to post later on...until then....

"Ya Gon' Catch Me Riding Dirty.....MY Music's SO Loud..........

7 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Blogger Violet said...

Do you have any idea how long I've been wondering about that? Thanks!

 
At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sharpie. She's here to help.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

LOL. Now I know where to go to get translation. Heh.

Hubby likes the hip hop, because he's down like that. So my daughter's favorite song lyrics right now are 'drop it like its hot.' Or, son's - 'I got new shoes on the ride, rollin' down 95...'

Oh boy. We are doomed.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Sharpie said...

Awesome Heather - I don't particular roll like that myself - but a few songs you can't help doing the Hip Hop bounce to - ya know the one - and Drop it like its Hot is another I had to look up....

Definition....

A word originated by Lil' Wayne from the Cash Money Millionaires. He said it first on the song "Back that ass up" with Juvenile. It has 2 meanings to it. The first meaning to it means to get down and dirty on the dance floor, referring to a girl. The other meaning is to rob someone of thier belongings.

"After you back it up don't stop, dr-dr-drop, drop it like its hot" -juvenile ft. Manny Fresh and Lil' Wayne "Back That Ass Up"


Peace out (punching cheat and then holding up 2 fingers)

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Sharpie said...

umm that would be chest. LOSER.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Punching Cheat probably means something completely different, like driving through a red light while masturbating.

Your street name is SharpMoney!

Boyeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Miguelita said...

I am SO not hip. Or hop, apparently. I have no idea what the F you guys are talking about.

"la la la la, la la la la, Elmo's World..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home