June 24, 2009

You Know You Have A Middle Schooler When....

She comes home from school and asks you (in the same manner and tone she would ask to have a snack) what a DICK is!

On the one hand I should have been happy that she had no idea what is was. AND I should be happy that she felt comfortable enough to ask me. BUT. My entire body had an involuntary reaction akin to the way a cat begins the vomit process. And then I composed myself (thank god I was cooking) and told her what it was. And then told her never to say that in front of her father unless she would like to give him a coronary.

For the millionth time, why can't they stay three?

3 Comments:

At 3:13 AM, Blogger Jodi Shaw said...

Omg that is too frigging funny. My gf bawled today because her daughter is going to middle school. I'm going to share this post to make her feel NOT so alone in the world.

 
At 4:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait until they ask you
"Mum, what exactley is a 69?"

I answered it as best i could
as he knew what a head J was so I told him it is when a man and lady do that at the same time

Best part - HE WAS DISCUSTED LOL

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger ThatDeborahGirl said...

My daughter was in elementary school during the Bill/Monica scandal.

She came home and asked me, "Mommy, what's fellatio?"

*sigh* I still hold a small laughing grudge against Bill Clinton for the talk I had to have with my daughter that day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home