February 26, 2008

Tuesday Randomness

I know my posts have been few and far between lately. I have been really busy and this blog always seems to get the last tiny bit of my time. But, since I am procrastinating this morning, I am here with you lovelies instead of working out or working on my homework - both of which should already be done by now. Since my mind is mush - here are a few random things on my mind....

1. Do they make work-out underwear? Ya know, the kind that stay put instead of wedging up your ass while on the treadmill or elliptical? If not, they should. Seriously.

2. And sports bras...what the fuck. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good one?

3. I am happy that my sister is moving to a nice new town - hopefully into a big house with a huge backyard.

4. Am I the only one who uses Google for a spell check? When I can't figure out how to spell something I type it into Google and it says "Do you mean______" and then I know how to spell it.

5. Grad school sucks. Does anyone have any pointers on writing a thesis statement for the board to approve my topic? I've never done one before and it is scary.

6. You have to do A LOT of work to renew an expired passport with your maiden name (bout time I fix that as we'll be married 12 years, right?) and the kids passports. Did you know that both parents need to be present to do it? I didn't. But, it makes sense as one parent could potentially take a kid out of the country if the other parent was unaware.

7. My kids are automatic dual citizens of this country and Italy. Very cool.

8. We are going to Belgium in June - hopefully, keep your fingers crossed to visit family.

9. How did I get so busy?

10. I wish work was a tad bit busier - but this is a typical slow time. Still when you are self-employed, it worries you.

What's new with all of you?

5 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The line of sports bras from Victorias Secret are supposed to be PHENOMENAL...no bounce at all. Otherwise, shlep your skinny ass here and we'll go to my bra fitter/boutique and pick you up a nice one like I have.

I'm so glad I'm moving, too. And yes, hopefully a big backyard is in the works! Now, if I can just figure out how to pay for it...

Grad school...you're doing great. And, you'll be done soon. Keep it up and before you know it, you'll be graduating.

I hear ya about the busy. Man, it must be in the water.

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Violet said...

Check out titlenine.com for sports bras. I've heard that the ones rated 4 barbells or more are really the most worthwhile. I just bought a couple different styles but I haven't tried them yet. They're supposed to have a great return policy!

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Sharpie said...

Sister O Mine - I couldn't find any sports bras at Vicky's site - Am I slow? Send me a link, ok?

Violet - now THOSE are some bras - great site - I may have to try one - but which one?? So many to choose!

Thanks ladies and my ladies thank you.

 
At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sharpie, It's Johannah. I'm not logged in, so it's showing up as anonymous.

At the Title 9 site, you want the "Last Resort" bra. It's my absolute favorite. I am a 36DDD and I can run without bouncing. Last year I trained for a marathon and had no problems. Expensive but worth it. It does take some practice to get the damn thing on (shove tits up into your armpit while pulling the front closed, once you get the bottom hook fastened, you're good to go) but once you do you could jump rope for hours with no bouncing. The brand is really called Enell, and the sizing is weird, but just trust what it says on the T9 site.

As for the thesis problem...Well, you're going to hate me but I don't have to do a thesis because I chose a synthesis paper instead. I have to summarize the enduring understandings I got from each of the 12 classes I took and reflect on how they all fit together and how they will impact my professional practice. Cool, eh?

 
At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sports bras: I go for the crop-top type, two or three sizes too small (I'm chunky, so that's not too hard). No movement at the station, not one bit.

About your thesis topic: too make it acceptable, just remember to make your topic, no matter how obscure, sound like

a) an important step in finding the cure for Cancer in Little Babies; Or

b) a scheme worth potentially MILLIONS of dollars of research money for the uni

 

Post a Comment

<< Home