June 19, 2006

Well, I Didn't Win The Wet T-Shirt Contest

That title would have gone to Chris F.'s mom - who by anyone's definition, would be a MILF. AND she plays in a BAND. How much cooler of a mom could you be, seriously?!? That kid is gonna sell tickets to his mother's undies drawer and make a KILLING. He already plays guitar, too. I am so NOT cool.

The ice cream social went well. As I predicted, there was far too much ice cream against a stifling hot classroom in the middle of June - so the room won. There was much limbo-ing and leis and ice cream mustaches. Do you know that faced with multiple choices for ice cream toppings, gummy bears win out hands down?? I didn't either. Cuz, eww - I don't need that much chewing in my ice cream.

I also didn't know that I was lactose intolerant - but I found THAT out after 2 ice cream parties. Uh huh.

Maybe I should have just said no - but its so hard when there is Cookie n Cream on the table. I mean - I have no restraint when it comes to that. WTF?

Today is the Official End Of Year for us. Both kids are home from the last half day. Here's the latest in PTO Manipulation....they have coupled with Chuck E Cheese to raise money for a fundraiser by hosting an event (today) that every purchase of food or tokens, the PTO gets a certain amount. They actually STUCK stickers on the kids that scream 10 FREE TOKENS TODAY ONLY!! Guess where mine are begging to go?

So, we'll be having bad pizza and playing skeeball tonight at the local Chuck E Cheese. SHUT UP!! I have to TRY to be the cool mom sometimes. Make mine pepperoni - hold the gummy bears.

3 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger JayMonster said...

Yeah, our PTA pulled a similar stunt at the local Burger King. So much for trying to promote a healthy diet in the schools eh?
As for that "cool mom"... I dunno, sometimes the mom that is "too cool" is just as much a bane to the kids existance as anything else. You sound cool enough just as you are. (At the very least you are NOT Megans mom ;)

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I thought MY kids were the only ones that like gummy bears in their ice cream. Nasty. Why gummy bears and not something yummy like peanut butter cups or m&ms????

And further proof that you and I are alike...the affinity for cookies & cream. My favorite ice cream of all times. Even if it does make me a little, um, gaseous and such...hee hee (b/c I'm lactose intolerant too!!!)

Anyway, glad the party went well!! ;-)

 
At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why oh why is the food at Chucky Cheese so gross? You'd think that the managers would attempt to suck up to parents by making the food edible, but nooooooooo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home