June 26, 2006

Newest Obsession

Over the years, I have come to terms with my extreme obsessive-compulsive disorder. By come to terms, I mean that I no longer engage in HARMFUL obsessions like I used to. Gone are the days of smoking, drinking and other dangerous activities. I no longer ache for the thrill rush that once drove me through my days. I am now content to watch others enjoy their thrill-seeking with a panic-induced heart attack. In short, I am a wimp of my former self. I used to LOVE the rides at an amusement park. The HIGHER, the FASTER the more RIDICULOUS - I rode 8 times at the very least - NOT HOLDING ON. NOW?! Now, my friends, I am holding on for dear life on the Merry-Go-Round. Yes, shamefully, it's true.

FEAR is hard to contain when trying to be Bad-Ass in front of your kids. So, I still suck it up for the occasional Tower of Terror



But that's about all this Old Girl can take.

Gone are the countless concerts. I have seen everything from Tommy Lee fall from the ceiling to the Dean of my college (my BOSS) at a Motley Crue Concert. I HAD to SEE all the bands that came through. Now? Now, I'd rather spend my money on these...





My Newest Obsession.
They are called Pandora Bracelets and while probably NOT new to YOU - they are to me. The concept is quite simle, the bracelet is a plain band in sterling or gold or any combo that would blow your skirt up. THEN. The obsessive part. YOU GET TO PICK ANY charm YOU like to put onto YOUR bracelet. They are not really charms, more like beads. And they range in price from $16.00 to $300.00 depending on what you want. The idea is its like a charm bracelet, only modern. They have initial beads, glass beads, beads to commemorate a time in your life (wedding, birth, etc.) and everything in-between. Best part?? They have EVERY size bracelet to fit every no wrist, big arm girl out there (ME! ME!)

When I originally made the purchase of the bracelet and 5 beads - I thought I would be content to wait for a REASON to buy another. I CAN'T STOP EBAYING THEM. I bought 7 more over the weekend. I estimate that with my LARGE size bracelet - I would need at least 30 to complete the bracelet. My favorite color is blue - and boy do they have some stunning blue charms. They are shiny and pretty and being part crow I love all shiny things. I will post a picture of my bracelet some time this week when I get my new beads.

So, while I try to work and obsessively watch for the UPS guy - tell me what YOUR latest obsessions are.

14 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went through an odd period of time where I was obsessed with looking at Jem dolls on Ebay. I have my childhood Jem doll, and am "taking care of" my sister's - but I needed MORE. I ended up purchasing two playsets (that are still in their boxes because I plan on re-selling them on Ebay) and three dolls (one of which I sacrificed to my cat, because it was far too entertaining). Then, I got a five-month-old dog and had to pack away all my toys - I haven't been really interested in buying any Jem dolls since then!

 
At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What?

I'm sorry...what???

You, obsessive? YOU?????

Nahhhhh.

How did this escape our conversation yesterday? I thought we shared everything? I thought that was our THING.

It's like I have no idea who you ARE anymore, this bracelet-making, sterling clad woman that has the same blog as my sister.

Sorry...it's the caffeine talking.

They're actually beautiful! Can't wait to see it on that non-existant wrist!

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger VTek said...

Mine is books, and now also "TV on DVD" sets. I've been giving away and selling a lot of books lately. I have a lot of new ones to read too -- I'm starting to get the itch to read again now that it's summer!

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh, they are pretty. And I've never heard of them!!

My obsession changes...if there is something I need (currently, some black shoes/boots), I will scour the internet for said item CONSTANTLY, OBSESSIVELY until the desired item is found.

And Ebay rocks. It can be obsessive too, all that competitive bidding!

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

To me, Ebay's a big fat contest that I love to win. It doesn't even matter what I'm bidding on, I just like to win stuff. Of course, it's not so much winning stuff as it is winning the right to pay for stuff.

I'm far too competitive. It's really unhealthy.

My latest obsession? I'm into knitting cotton dishcloths. And I just realized what a total dork I sound like.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Johannah said...

Curtains and bedding. I changed the curtains in the living room. Loved it.

Had to change the curtains in my bedroom. Loved it, but they didn't really match the duvet cover. Had to get a new duvet cover. Really loved it.

Needed to change DD's duvet cover to pretty up her room too. Now, I'm thinking she needs new curtains. Not a problem, right?

Wrong. The closest BBB or L N T are over an hour away from my house. And my van sucks gas like me on a fresh, cold margarita. Plus, I have to actually see and touch the fabric before I can buy, so catalogues and internet are out. This is bad.

In between the redecorating sprees I indulge in my other obsession. Wine.

Those bracelets do look really pretty though...

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger JayMonster said...

No matter what I temporarily wander off to, I always come back to my "tech toys" (PDAs, Computers, software etc). I have wandered off though at times to baking pans (mostly for birthdays), candy molds (for decorations on said birthday cakes).

 
At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That obsessive behavior is controllable? I am still trying to get ahold of mine. Nice bracelets.

Williams Brother

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Tanya said...

I will trade you my Oct Areosmith/Motley Crue tickets for a braclet. ;)
The braclets are beautiful.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

Well, you may have just given me a new obsession. I love charm bracelets, and these are just the thing to send my girly heart a spinning.

Otherwise, I am obsessed with figuring out how to get my drinky legs back. And hats for WonderBaby.

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Wayfarer said...

I'm probably the only American still saying this, but I'm totally obsessing over the World Cup. I absolutely LIVE for this tournament, and this year it has been especially good.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

I obsess over ink pens. Very freakish, I know but I can't help myself. The more colors I have, the better! The finer the point is, the better!


Love the charm bracelets too!

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Miguelita said...

I have gone through several ebay fuled obsessions but I am in recovery. "My name is Michele and I have too much china."

Lately I am obsessed by getting brand new things at yard sales and Goodwill. Must still be new, in package or with tags. Unfortunately I am not so particualr about whether I actually NEED any of this new crap or not.
Seen the cake pan that has a removable insert so you can make a cake filled with ice cream? Got it.

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay first, I now worship the ground you walk on for your Motley stories. I never saw my boss at the Motley shows I've been too--thank goodness. I would have been fired on the spot.
I'm obsessed with making sure the bedspread is lined up straight. I'm obsessed with making sure the shampoo bottle is always on the left of the conditioner bottle. I guess that's why I am normally on medication!
I'm also obsessed with getting Aerosmith/Motley tickets and the only prescription for that is more cowbell.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home