February 17, 2006

If I Had A Themesong

I think it would be Back in Black by AC/DC. I LOVE that beat. Its raw and crisp and to the point.

I'm just sitting here listening to my IPOD (my favorite thing on earth) and drinking Diet Pepsi Vanilla (another fav) and I thought I would start by telling you a little bit about myself.

Hi. My Name is Sharpie. (ALL - Hi Sharpie!)

I am a 34 year old mother of two. Married for 10 years - most of those good - I mean there WERE times I wanted to put a pillow over him in his sleep. YA KNOW - SAME as everyone ELSE. Right? right? Whatever. My daughter A. is 8 with all the spunk and hell of an 18 year old. My son C. is 5 and though very emotional at times - we still get along pretty well.

I am very fortunate to work freelance (read at home in my dungeon of an office) as a graphic designer/creative director/whore of all that is designed. I also teach Advertising Design one night a week at my old Art College. I actually like the teaching more than my REAL work - but they pay peanuts. And on some nights - after we've had a critique and I feel like one of those SURVIVOR chics pulling the weighted chest under water running up to the beach - I am thankful to go back to my crappy job of making junk mail and packaging and all other things people throw out anyway. sigh. That's advertising and marketing for ya.

I wish I looked at hot as those SURVIVOR chics do in those bluffs. Where would mine go? Certainly NOT around my waist!! Oh GOD NO. NO. Around my neck - maybe. A wrist maybe? Maybe if I had a wrist - oh that's another post for another time.

So, ANYWAY - I live in a nice house, in a nice town with everything but the fucking picket fence.

WHAT could I POSSIBLY have to bitch about? Nothing really. I like my life. I like my kids (mostly). I like my job(s). I like my husband (mostly). I laugh A LOT. Mostly at others - truth be told. That doesn't make me a bad person does it? Fuck it...

Jimmie cracked corn....

I mean I have troubles like everyone else. I have stories to tell - that I couldn't make up if I tried. I am a Freak Magnet my friends. Things happen all the time. I would like to share with you all. Hope you enjoy.

5 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger MrsEvilGenius said...

Yeah, you'd be surprised at what there is to bitch about. Hell if I can get so mad I spit after just walking around the local Sprawl-Mart then ...

Ok ... maybe that's just me.

Anyway, welcome to da blogospere.

-Blue

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Hi Sharpie! Visiting from Sherry's. Welcome to the blogoshpere. Love your writign so far - very raw and to the point!

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

ps - you probably should know - that I can not spell for shit - tons of typos from me!

 
At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SHERRY told me to come here or she'd kick my ass.

Love the first post.. keep going.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Miguelita said...

Just clicked over from your sister's place. Welcome, you snarky potty mouth! This will be fun.
Let me echo Blue - so much to bitch about, so little time....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home